Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Poker Break - BOOT gets wiped out by a Royal Flush

A break from travel to share a poker story. Above is a photo of my first and (hopefully) only loss in no limit hold'em to an honest to God royal flush. My hand is the suited ace nine up against the suited queen four. The community cards came down from left to right (ie flop ten, ace six). I raised pre-flop and was called by the competitor with the queen four. I checked the paired aces that came down, he went all-in and I called. We turned cards to show me in the lead with the pair of aces and him on a flush draw. Not only was I beat by the flush drawn coming off on fourth street king of spades, I was then destroyed and humiliated by the Royal Flush on the river with the jack of spades. The chances of a Royal Flush in Texas Hold'em - 649,740 to 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment